Two-time America's Cup winning navigator Peter Isler
Using Expedition Software, two-time America's Cup winning navigator and racing guru Peter Isler leads the program. After a walk-through of the set up and features of the software, Peter uses a combination of demonstrations, hands-on simulation exercises and case studies.
You learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
• Customize/personalize settings
• Understand and operate navigation window
• Download and use different nautical charts
• Create a course and navigate
• Set up instrument output channels
• Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
• Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
• Understand and use logging features
• Understand and use logplayer and simulator applications
• Load, insert, use and modify polars
• Understand and use starting line application
• Download and activate wind/tide gribs and read them in Expedition
• Understand and use sail chart/ sail selection tool
• Perform Weather routing tasks
• Create an Optimized RoutePreparation: Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop.
Download sample files.
Go through pre-course exercises.
(Allow approximately 4 hours for this process.) Note: If you are not a licensed Expedition owner/user, North U. Expedition Webinar participants can download a free temporary (4 week) full version of Expedition for the webinar. Participants will also have the ability to buy Expedition at a discounted price either before or after the course. Download and pricing information below.Class Time: You should have Expedition up and running along with your web browser and headset (or built in sound). Home Work: Half way through the course there will be approximately 4 hours of homework.Price: $150
Available Anytime: The Expedition Webinar is taught in six x 1hr sessions (plus prep work and homework between sessions 3 & 4). You must be on-line to view the sessionFollow Up:
You can review the course over and over again, at your
leisure, for 90 days from the first log-in. There will also be a user
group blog to share ideas and experiences. You'll also be ready for the
detailed Expedition Modules on Instruments, Weather and Routing, Polars
and Sail Chart, and Race Schedules. For more info on modules visit the Expedition Modules page. To download the free demo version of Expedition:- Go to: http://www.expeditionmarine.com
- Download & install trial version
- Email the Site Code that you receive to Nick White
- Note in the email that you are attending the North U Expedition Webinar so you get an extended trial key code.
- You will receive a Temporary Key Code for you to use on your computer.To Purchase Expedition:If you do not currently own the Expedition Software, but would like to purchase it through North U, the cost is US$1,295.
When you purchase Expedition, the Webinar is included at no additional charge. For webinar attendees, you will have the option to also purchase Expedition AFTER the webinar and after you have had time to work with the trial software. This offer is available for 90 days from your webinar registration.
Contact North U directly to arrange the purchase: Fran@NorthU.NorthSails.com
To enroll in the Expedition Software Webinar, click here
To view the full North U Seminar schedule and registration page, click here.